Mission and Values
Our Mission and Value Statements guided us to embrace the benefits of alliances and partnerships with local service providers and business members. We have been an integral part of the local employment sector and have initiated a number of quality programs that assist job seekers and businesses.
“To enrich the community of Sarnia-Lambton by providing quality, professional, employment services that encourage and engage individuals towards achieving their maximum employability.”
Our mission is supported by the following values, which will be adhered to in carrying out our mission and achieving our objectives.
- Provide a supportive and encouraging setting for employees, clients and community partners.
- Our success is best achieved through partnerships, consisting of service providers, educators and community members.
- The uniqueness of each partner organization will be respected in its individual approach to client services.
- An open door policy approach will ensure access to all clients requesting services. The level of intervention will be determined by way of individual assessment, counselling and client self-direction.
- A flexible approach is needed when dealing with individual clients and their needs. While structure and format are essential components of every organization, our client-based services must be flexible to address the diverse needs of individual clients.
Code of Ethics
It is the policy of The WorkPlace Group to maintain the highest standard of ethics in the conduct of business. Our integrity and reputation are essential elements in our business practice and ultimately depend on the individual actions of our employees, members of our Board of Directors, volunteers and community partners. Each person is accountable to ensure compliance with the following code of ethics:
- Adhering to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Treating all co-employees, board members, clients and community partners with honesty and fairness, conducting business with integrity and avoiding situations where personal interest may be in conflict with Company interest.
- Ensuring Company resources are well utilized and safe guarded.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of non-public information regarding business transactions and client information.
- Belief in maintaining respect for the dignity of the individual and ensuring fair treatment for all the clients we serve.
- Employees will maintain a professional relationship with clients at all times.