We encourage clients to take full advantage of our workshops to help you increase your knowledge, update your skills and maximize your potential within the job market. Our current workshops include:
This one-day workshop provides participants with the crucial skills needed to conduct a “HIRE ME” interview. Topics that will be discussed include: making a good first impression, current hiring practices, developing a 30 second summary of skills and qualifications, and interview follow up tips. Participants will be invited to engage in a mock interview to assist with the development of effective two-way conversation. Typical interview questions and winning questions to ask employers will also be covered.
Second Career Info Sessions
Second Career provides financial support to help laid off Ontarians participate in training for a new career. Consultants at The WorkPlace Group will help you take the first step.
Attend this info session to learn the basics of Second Career.
Key Ingredients to Employment (K.I.T.E.)
This is a 3 day confidence-building and informative workshop to assist participants with their job search. Topics include:
- Personality Dimensions® – designed to assist you in determining your transferable skills, preferred work environments, and problem solving abilities.
- Self Esteem/Motivation - self confidence building through the job application process, facing challenges and building esteem, tips to stay on track and motivated in your job search.
- The Job Market - understanding how it works and the hidden job market. Learn how to Job Search on the Internet.
- Marketing Approaches - 4 basic methods to identifying jobs, answering advertisements, approaching employment agencies and companies.
- Networking - Do’s and don’ts, preparing a list of networking contacts.
- Cover Letters - How to make yourself stand out, two types – cover and broadcast letters, when to use each type.
- Job Search on the Internet.
- Employment Maintenance - being prepared for your first day, first week, first month on the job, dealing with challenges with co-workers and supervisors, social skills at work.