Job ID 9292
POSITION: COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER
JOB TITLE: Personal Support Worker (PSW)
When you join us at CarePartners, you’re building a career with a company who cares about their patients, their patients’ families, and their staff – and you’ll get a $750 BONUS for signing-on, too!
CarePartners is adding to our team of compassionate, thoughtful PSWs to serve Ontario communities. We bring kind and professional care to patients in need, and when you work with us, you make a positive impact in your community.
We are looking for Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to help us bring patient and family-centered care to in patients in Erie – St. Clair. Are you someone we should meet?
To apply please email Recruiter.Rio@CarePartners.ca
Are you proud to contribute your skills to delivering quality health care? PSWs are an integral part of a health care team, and in this role, you will encourage, support, and promote independence for patients in home and community care settings by assisting with activities of daily living under the supervision of our Personal Support Manager.
Competitive Wages, Incentives and Perks
• Competitive wage grid $20.43 to $22.61 per hour
• A special $750 bonus for signing with CarePartners
• PAID MILEAGE at 0.45 per/km PLUS travel time
• Paid orientation and hands-on mentoring from experienced, caring staff
• Access to group discounts, including exclusive discounts from various retailers
• Total rewards program which includes health & dental benefits
• A robust Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family members
• Flexible hours and a variety of assignments
• Opportunities for continuing education and training
• Hands on mentoring and leadership support
• Opportunities to volunteer in countries with limited access to healthcare services
• A strong desire and commitment to making a difference in the lives of their patients
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Availability to work non-traditional hours, such as early morning, evenings, and alternate weekends
• A valid driver’s license and vehicle
• Valid certificate as a Personal Support Worker, Internationally Trained Nurse, Health Care Aid, Developmental Support Worker, Home Support Worker, or enrollment in a Nursing program
• To protect our patients, we require current vulnerable sector check screening, a clear background check and proof of COVID 19 vaccination
CarePartners promotes and facilitates, as appropriate, the immunization of employees in order to provide a safe working environment for its employees, to deliver safe care to patients and to fulfill its commitment to evidence- based health promotion. CarePartners has implemented safety protocols to prevent the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. All employees will be required to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as directed by CarePartners and mandated by public health authorities. All new hires of CarePartners are required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with our policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Assisting with daily living activities, such as personal care (rise and retire), assistance with household tasks, respite care, medication assistance, special functions
• Promoting a safe environment by demonstrating proper body mechanics, safe transfer techniques, and home safety
• Providing cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the patient
• Preparing nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, using proper food preparation, storage, and hygiene practices.
CAREPARTNERS CARES ABOUT COMMUNITIES
In addition to providing home-based personal support, rehabilitation, therapy, nursing and palliative care across Ontario, CarePartners also serves the community through clinics, transitional care units, and provides relief in nursing homes and shared care settings. Through our Community Nursing Services outreach program, we’ve been organizing medical care and clinics in countries with poor access to health care since 2009. In 2022 we’re travelling to Guatemala, and as a CarePartners’ PSW, you can apply to participate in future medical trips!