PLEASE NOTE: If you are receiving an error when you attempting to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the job you are applying for in your email.
Launch your career with Capes Movers as a driver. This position provides a unique opportunity for those looking to combine general labour with their customer service talents.
Drivers will be required to manage jobs, crews and to participate in manual labor of the job. Job requirements can include heavy lifting, lots of walking, climbing stairs and other challenges of endurance and strength. The nature of the industry prevents us from scheduling specific hours required to be worked. Although we try to schedule 8am-5pm working days for the most part, work schedules could include long and/or irregular hours. We are closed Sundays, and typically schedule our teams for 5 days in any given work week from Monday to Saturday. Successful Candidates will be required to provide and wear steel toe boots/shoes. Company uniform will be provided consisting of shirts and hats.
- All Staff are expected to be reliable and punctual.
We offer competitive wages and employees are properly pay rolled. (ie. deductions, WSIB, overtime, holiday pay etc.) Employees are paid weekly. We do not pay cash.
- Overtime pay
- Day shift (Monday to Friday)
- Occasional Saturdays
Salary: $19.00 – $25.00 per hour depending on experience.
Driver Job Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings
- Communicate professionally in English, both verbally and in writing
- Assist with daily “Schedule 1” truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Obtains customer feedback throughout the move to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and proactively resolve any complaints
- Accurately complete paperwork and payment collection
Mover/Driver Job Requirements:
- Drivers must have a minimum of a full G Class License and clean drivers abstract. 5 tonne driving experience preferred, standard driving experience preferred
- Is a team worker and must be able to listen and communicate in an effective, helpful and friendly manner with co-workers, customers and management.
- Ability to direct the work of others when necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills
- Legally allowed to work in Canada
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00-$25.00 per hour