Mac-Weld Machining Ltd. an international leader in the manufacturing of instrumentation components, serving industry in the oil and gas, power generation and waste water applications. Our ability to deliver uncompromising quality, precision products, on time and at a fair price truly sets us apart from our competition. We know this. Our customers around the world know this. Now, it is time for everyone else to know this.
Mac-Weld Machining Ltd. is seeking a Manual Machinist at our Sarnia facility.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations
- Machine parts to specifications, using machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as Micrometers and Vernier Calipers
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter
- Adhere to all quality inspection procedures
- Maintain safety procedures for self as well as for others
- Keep work area clean
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years experience as a machinist
- 3+ years of experience using manual machines
- Mechanical aptitude & Manual Dexterity
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Ability to work well with others in a Team Environment
- Strong attention to detail
This is a full-time day/evening rotating shift position in our Sarnia facility where the individual may be required to work weekends and overtime from time to time.
* Remuneration: $25-$38/hour with $1000* bonus
*Signing Bonus: This position will receive a signing bonus of $500 after successfully completing their three month probationary period, and $1000 after one year of continuous employment. The employee must be on active payroll for the entire timeframe to qualify
Mac-Weld Machining is a privately owned company. We are proud of our connected and engaged culture, and our warm and welcoming environment. To the right individual we offer a competitive salary and benefits, annual clothing allowance and pension.
Mac-Weld is committed to diversity, employment equity and inclusion in the workplace. If you need an accommodation during the recruitment process because of a disability, please inform our recruitment team when applying so that we may provide assistance.