Job ID 11151
The North Lambton Community Health Centre is a community governed health centre serving identified priority populations in a defined catchment area. The Centre operates multiple sites in Ontario: Forest, Kettle & Stony Point, Watford, and Sarnia. Our interdisciplinary team provides primary health care, health promotion and community development services.
The North Lambton Community Health Centre is currently seeking applicants for the following position:
Migrant Worker Project
37.5 Hours/Week – Contract until February 29, 2024
The Project Coordinator will work closely with the Community Navigator to establish relationships with local farmers; develop, implement, and evaluate programming aimed at increasing access and education to migrant workers. Program evaluation and reporting is inclusive of the role.
- Demonstrated experience in building community partnerships, making community connections, engaging team members.
- Persons from equity-seeking groups or representing intersectional identities; for example: Underrepresented racialized communities; Migrant workers, Newcomer/Refugees an asset.
- Connections to a broader range of networks, including those from: social and community services, arts and culture, health, education, business, religious, geographic and language communities, etc.
- Language and/or cultural competencies to communicate and support dialogue with underrepresented communities.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, evaluation, and reporting.
- Ability to work online, including participating in online meetings (e.g., Zoom).
- Knowledge of social and community services is an asset.
- Must be able to facilitate programs, evenings and weekends including Sundays.
- Work with organization staff to organize and convene sessions with community participants representative of those from migrant workers, newcomers/refugees.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
This is a contract position with flexible hours, working 37.5 hours per week. The rate of pay for this position is $30.00 per hour plus 10% in lieu of benefits. The Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan is also available. The incumbent will be required to work at our Forest site and our other sites and outreach locations in the rural community as necessary.
If you would like a copy of the job description, setting out the qualifications and responsibilities in more detail, please contact the Human Resources Assistant, Jodi Peters. Interested parties should forward a resume and cover letter no later than March 27, 2023, to:
Jodi Peters, Human Resources Assistant
North Lambton Community Health Centre
North Lambton Community Health Centre is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where all employees and clients feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, please inform us should accommodation be required.