Mac-Weld Machining Ltd. an international leader in the manufacturing of instrumentation components, serving industry in the oil and gas, power generation and waste water applications. Our ability to deliver uncompromising quality, precision products, on time and at a fair price truly sets us apart from our competition. We know this. Our customers around the world know this. Now, it is time for everyone else to know this.
Mac-Weld Machining Ltd. is seeking an Experienced Welder to take on the task of sharing our vision locally and globally.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Weld 1” to 3” stainless-steel together through MIG and MIG process.
- Weld items using TIG and MIG equipment and tools , bend cut and use hammer pieces to fit correct production piece.
- Read and interpret welding blue prints, schematics and codes
- Maintain good working knowledge of welding characteristics of metals such as stainless steel, carbon alloy and titanium.
- Ensure production quantities are properly reported per work orders.
- Safely apply welds per specifications to produce completed product.
- Measure dimensions of metal work pieces to ensure conformance using calipers, height gauges, templates, rulers, etc.
- Perform quality checks as prescribed and report issues to Supervisor.
- Safety complete finishing functions such as grinding, sanding, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 Years of Welding Experience
- TIG/MIG Certificate
- Experience with Welding Pipe, Stainless steal and Carbon Steal
- Able to read blue prints
- Must know how to use measuring devices such as tape measure and dial calipers.
- Strong orientation toward quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Completion of college or technical school in related field an assist.
This is a full-time straight days position with the possibility of day/evening rotation shift in our Sarnia facility.
Signing Bonus: New employees will receive a signing bonus of $500 after successfully completing their three month probationary period, and $1000 after one year of continuous employment. The employee must be on active payroll for the entire timeframe to qualify
Mac-Weld Machining is a privately owned company. We are proud of our connected and engaged culture, and our warm and welcoming environment. To the right individual we offer a competitive salary and benefits, annual clothing allowance and pension.
Mac-Weld is committed to diversity, employment equity and inclusion in the workplace. If you need an accommodation during the recruitment process because of a disability, please inform our recruitment team when applying so that we may provide assistance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00-$33.00 per hour