Founded Date January 1, 1990
Sectors Social Services
Posted Jobs 0
All victims receive compassionate, professional, and responsive support in their time of need or crisis.
Cooperating with community partners to assist victims of crime and tragic circumstance.
- Respect – We value the dignity and individuality of each person and their unique needs through non-judgemental supports with kindness and care.
- Empathy – We engage with our clients by actively listening, validating, and offering compassion.
- Reliability – We provide meaningful supports that are responsive, dependable, and timely.
- Confidentiality – We honour individuals’ privacy and respect the information and experiences entrusted to us.
- Trust – We foster relationships and spaces that are safe, accepting, sincere, and marked by integrity.
Victim Crisis Assistance Ontario (VCAO)
The Victim Crisis Assistance Ontario (VCAO) Program provides crisis intervention services to victims of crime and tragic circumstances after an incident 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the request of the police.
In addition to on-site crisis intervention, other services offered through the VCAO program include:
- Safety planning for all eligible victims of crime
- Referrals to appropriate community supports and services
- Provision of cellular telephones for eligible victims
- Needs assessments and customized service plans
- Assisting eligible victims with emergency transportation to a safe location; crime-scene cleanup; funeral expenses; emergency home repairs to items that pose a safety risk; and emergency counselling
- Enhanced support for vulnerable victims
- Referrals to community agencies
Victim Quick Response Program + (VQRP+)
The Victim Quick Response Program + (VQRP+) provides short-term financial support toward essential expenses for victims, their immediate family members and witnesses in the immediate aftermath of a violent crime to help reduce the impact of the crime, enhance safety and meet immediate practical needs that are a result of the crime.
VQRP+ is available to individuals who have no other financial means (e.g. private insurance) where there is no publicly-funded program available.
Eligible applicants can access supports for critical needs such as:
- Emergency home safety expenses (e.g. window repair)
- Practical assistance expenses (e.g. basic necessities)
- Travel and related expenses (e.g. to medical treatment)
- Crime scene clean-up (e.g. removal of hate-crime graffiti)
- Short-term counselling services
- Supports required for serious injuries
- Basic funeral expenses and other financial support for families of homicide victims
To apply for the program, you must be assessed for eligibility with a local VQRP+ service provider. If you are eligible, the service provider will assist you with your application to the program.